I know from experience… haha it’s actually the solution of some people’s HP. Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer. This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’, hung, and stubborn program issues.
- Disconnect all external devices first.
- Remove AC power and the battery
- Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
- Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
- Power on – Log in
- Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.
** Note: You can ignore the bit about leaving the battery out. If you like, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it
I hope this helps!